The website ipl.fr is edited by IPL (Institut Polytechnique Lyon).
10 place des Archives, 69002 LYON
Tel. : 04 72 41 08 28
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for the content: Marine POBEL, Déléguée générale
This website is hosted by ECAM Lyon – 40 montée Saint Barthélemy – 69321 Lyon cedex 05 – Téléphone : 04 72 77 06 00
Creation / Development
Géraldine Woerner, 3PIX
This Policy sets forth the principles and guidelines for the protection of Your Personal Information, which includes Personal Information collected on or through the Site.
Personal Information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. A person is “identifiable” when he or she can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more elements that are specific to that person.
Non-Personal Data” is information that does not allow a person to be identified.
Your Personal Data are processed by IPL – 10 place des Archives – 69002 LYON – France (hereinafter referred to “IPL”, “we”, “us”, “our”). You can contact us by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com.
Certain technical services (hosting, deduplication) are entrusted to our technical service providers. In accordance with Article 28 of the RGPD, this service provider is bound by a strict confidentiality clause that prohibits any use of the data entrusted to it that is not provided for in the service contract and that requires it to implement technical and organizational measures that meet the requirements of security and protection of personal data.
Each time you use our Website we automatically collect:
- technical information related to the device you are using, such as your IP address, browser type, geographical location and operating system;
- information about your browsing behaviour, such as the length of your visit, the links you click on, the pages you visit and how often you visit a page.
When you complete a contact form on our Website or contact us by e-mail, telephone, fax, we collect:
- the basic identity information you provide us, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, company you work for, your position;
- the content of your communications, and the technical information of your communications themselves (the person with whom we communicate on our side, the date and time, etc.);
- your preferences regarding the receipt of our e-mail communications, such as newsletters, etc., if you have chosen to receive these communications;
- your profile information on Social Networks made available to the public;
Safety and confidentiality of personal data
We consider Your Personal Data to be confidential.
We strive to take reasonable technical measures to prevent loss or misuse of the data you have provided to us and to prevent disclosure to unauthorized third parties.
However, despite these measures, the Internet remains an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to circumvent these measures or use Your Personal Data for illegitimate purposes. As a result, IPL will not be held responsible in the event of fraudulent recovery of your data for any use whatsoever.
The Site may provide links to third party websites that may be of interest to you.
IPL has no control over the content of third party sites or over the practices of these third parties in terms of protection of the Personal Data they may collect. As a result, IPL declines all responsibility concerning the processing by these third parties of Your Personal Data. It is your responsibility to inform yourself about the personal data protection policies of these third parties.
Purposes of data collection
We process your data for the following purposes:
- allowing you to browse our Sites and Applications and to adapt our content to your terminal to improve your browsing ;
- memorize the information you have entered in our contact forms;
- allow you to share our content on social networks;
- allow you to make interactive and personalized use of the Sites and Applications;
- to identify your needs and interests and to provide you with the most appropriate products and services;
- to send information and/or external communications;
- send newsletters, if you have consented by checking the corresponding box,
- to analyze the audience and the frequentation of the Site
The recipients of Your Personal Data are our own management teams and our technical service providers.
Personal Data collected
Personal Data may include the following:
- Last Name
- First Name
- E-mail address
- Mailing Address
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- IP address
And any other Personal Information that may be relevant to the purposes set forth below.
Cookies and Other Tracers
Cookies, or other similar identifiers, are files used by a server to interact with the browser. Cookies are used to send status information when a user visits a site. Examples of status information include a session ID, language, expiration date, response domain, etc. Cookies can be used to store status information when a browser accesses different pages of a Web site or when the browser returns to the site at a later time. Only the sender of a cookie can read or modify the information contained in it. There are different types of cookies:
- session cookies, which disappear as soon as you leave the browser or the site
- permanent cookies that remain on your terminal until their lifetime expires (maximum 12 months) or until you delete them using your browser’s functions.
You can access your cookie management panel in order to configure the deposit and reading of cookies.
How do I disable cookies?
The installation of certain cookies is subject to your consent. During your first visit to the Site, an information banner will be displayed indicating that by continuing your navigation on the site, the above-mentioned cookies will be installed on your equipment.
Cookies or tracers allow you to take full advantage of the Site’s features. If your browser is configured to refuse all cookies or trackers, this may prevent you from using some of our services, for which IPL cannot be held responsible.
The data are transmitted by the user of the site who wishes to address a remark or a report. The information collected from this form is transmitted to the service in charge of managing the remarks on the IPL site. The maximum duration of conservation of your data is 3 years.
In accordance with the provisions of the Regulations applicable to the protection of personal data, you have the right to access, rectify and delete data concerning you and the right to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold in a structured electronic format (portability).
You also have the right to object on legitimate grounds to your personal data being processed, and the right to object to your data being used for canvassing purposes, in particular for commercial purposes.
You can exercise your rights by sending us your requests by post to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org or directly via our contact form.
We undertake to respond to these requests within a period of one month from receipt of the request. This period may be extended by two months, depending on the complexity and number of requests received.
In the event of a dispute concerning the exercise of your rights, you may lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés.
We only keep Your Personal Data for a period of time that is necessary and proportionate to the purpose for which it was collected, i.e. for a maximum of 3 years from the last exchange you had with us and carried out at your initiative.
Beyond the above-mentioned periods, your data will be anonymized for statistical purposes.
For more practical information on exercising your rights, we recommend that you consult the website of the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés, and more particularly the page https://www.cnil.fr/fr/comprendre-vos-droits
Last modification : 01/03/2021